meanderW

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Babes, Butterflies & Bluebonnets

Okay, I'm far behind on blogs so I'm going to attempt to hit a few fun events in this one...

First, had a great visit with my sweet friend Kim (and her adorable son, Grayson) a few weeks ago.  We met freshman year in college and have been together ever since!  When I moved to Dallas, her family adopted me and ensured that I was well looked after in North Texas.  Motherhood has definitely made it more challenging for us to get together, but of course the time together is precious.  It was so fun to see Emma and Maggie hang out with a BOY!  Emma totally acted like a little Mommy, watching Grayson and keeping him entertained.  Maggie and Grayson are a little less than 5 months apart so it will be fun to see them grow up together.  Right now it was all about hanging out on their tummies!

As you can see, Maggie is pretty 'interested' in Grayson! :-)

Sweet Emma playing with Gray

Now for some Auntie Courtney time! Doesn't he have the best smile?!

Last week we hit up both the Children's Aquarium and the Texas Discovery Gardens at Fair Park.  The Aquarium is a known hot spot for my children and it was fun to see Maggie start to pay attention to the tanks.  The Butterfly exhibit was a last minute decision (based on Emma's shirt that day).  And I'm so glad we went.  We could've spent way more time there but afternoon sleepiness was setting in and I wanted the other patrons to enjoy their time there too. It really is a beautiful place with lots of educational opportunities.  I look forward to going back soon.

Inside of the Butterfly exhibit. It's warm in here so no need for jackets.

Butterfly Chrysalis... the butterfly on the right had just come out 30 minutes beforehand.
The butterflies are released into the exhibit the following day!

Just one of the thousands of inhabitants!

The shirt that started it all.
 And finally, Jamie offered to take some family bluebonnet shots.  We found a great spot last minute and attempted the best we could in the 'bewitching' hour of the day.  I'm so thankful we got some of the four of us together!  Thank you Jamie!!








1 comment: