First, Maggie started crawling a few weeks ago. It's a bit more advanced than the commando crawl we saw with Emma... but she still stays pretty close to the ground. She doesn't roll as much as she use to but will quickly crawl out of a room, if you aren't keeping an eye on her. About a week after crawling, she started 'attempting' the pull-up. But its the least graceful thing she does... Poor thing looks like she's just dangling from the edge but laying on her tummy. ha ha. I figure she has weeks to perfect this but I still applaud her motivation. We're also seeing that she's infatuated with shoes! If there's any in the room, she'll get to them and start a very close inspection of their soles. Flip flops make for great teething devices too! (YUCK!)
This past week, we've finally seen an arrival of a tooth! Well its not completely here yet, but you can see it. It's one of the big front ones on the top. Crazy how big it looks in her small little mouth. I'll try and get a pic soon but its still so hard to see unless you are inches from her face. I fear that several more are on their way too. Maggie has been a little bit more fussy and her tongue is all over her gums. She's doing great with more solid foods though... mashes up cooked carrots, rice besides on those other baby friendly solids.
Another first, I finally left Maggie overnight. Crazy that I didn't even realize it was happening until the day I was leaving. But she was going to be with her wonderful, and very capable, Daddy, so I wasn't worried at all. Just amazing how fast the time goes by... and I'm not sure if its because she's so easy, or because she's our second... but it was much easier than when I left Emma for the first time.
Maggie still cuddles in such cute ways and loves to feel wind on her face! Can't believe our baby is about to be 1. She's 100% Daddy's girl and wants to be in his arms as soon as he gets home. We love you so much Maggie! Can't wait to celebrate you next month!!
No comments:
Post a Comment