meanderW

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

30 Months

I'm still dumbfounded that our 'baby' is almost one... but then I smack my forehead thinking Emma is already 2.5 years old.  Man oh man... how the time flies... she's really growing up and we're just loving interacting with her.  I wanted to jot down some of her current characteristics to see how much she changes over the next six months.

First, Emma is so caring and thoughtful.  She loves her baby sister so much and openly expresses this to Maggie with hugs, kisses and words.  Sometimes I find her cuddling one of her baby dolls telling them "it's okay" after a pretend accident.  One day I had a headache and was rubbing my head while hanging out with the girls in the living room.  Emma came over and asked what was wrong and if she could do anything to help.  Her concern spreads as far as her eyes can see... from the tiny little doodle bugs to the stars in the sky. 


She has such a tender heart.  Always asking why that baby is crying and running to a friend's side when she is sad at school.  Anytime Maggie fusses, she'll say in her best mommy voice, "it's okay Maggie, it's okay." When little sister decides she needs a handful of Emma's hair... Emma just softly tells her 'gentle.'  Never lashing back at her with anger at all.  Such a sweet soul she has... she humbles me.

She is aware of everything (even when you think she isn't paying attention).  She could be reading a book and listening to music in her room and she'll still hear the garage door (which is very quiet) open when Daddy comes home.  We have edited versions of conversations if we have to talk about something we don't want her little ears to absorb.  And she entered the 'why' phase too... so not only does she know everything that is going on around her, she wants to understand it. 


Her memory is amazing.  She'll bring up events that happened months ago and know exactly how things happened.  Events that I've just stuffed into the back of my brain and nearly forgotten.  Love that she's a sponge!

She loves singing and music.  She can remember all sorts of songs and brings new ones home from school.  She sings a lot!  I hope to use songs as a teaching tool in the years to come because I think she would really take to it.  She sings while she plays, while she rests or just while riding in the car.  I love having my sweet little toddler radio wherever we go!

Her toe head hair is out of control!  Momma has got to find/practice on some more up-dos before the warmer months come.  Can't quite get it into a pony tail yet, but could probably do two if she'd let me.  She still loves the outdoors and anything you can do outside. 


I think we might be hitting a new chapter with her regarding separation anxiety.  The last two times I've left her, she said 'bye Mommy' and didn't look back. :-( As nice as this change has been from the last few months of  'clinging to my leg and crying' it does make me a little bit sad.  Does it mean she doesn't need me as much? I know it doesn't... but oh how fast the next 2.5 years will go. 

We love you sweet Emma.  Thank you for the love and life you bring to all our lives.
We are so blessed to be your parents. 







No comments:

Post a Comment