Well our baby is officially 1! It's bittersweet as the last year flew by, but I love seeing Maggie interact more and be able to play with her sister. What a different baby you are Miss Maggie. Although you've only been here for a year, we can hardly remember life without you.
You are definitely growing more opinionated but you definitely 'go-with-the-flow' and we are grateful for that! You still take two naps a day and like waking up with some milk. We've ventured into the world of 'real food' and you are quite picky in this area. Throwing down anything that doesn't fit your fancy. Mommy has forgotten how messy this age can be at feeding time. But at least that means it doesn't last long. You are crawling like a champ and pulling up with ease. You reach out for us when you want to get off the 'wall' but have yet to venture out on your own yet. Dr. Hunke is guessing you won't walk until about 14 months. Which is fine by us. You have become quite vocal lately... even saying things like: Dada, Mama, and Nana (for banana). You love to work on your words/pointing with Daddy. He takes you around the rooms to learn more words. You have four teeth right now, two top and two bottom. And your gums are showing signs that more are to come soon! You haven't had too much trouble with the ones you have so I pray the next ones come as nicely. You are in size 3 diapers and wearing 12-18month clothes. You are a happy baby Maggie and will cuddle with anyone who provides a shoulder (I love this!!). You love your giraffe lovey and still find great comfort with your pointer and middle fingers on your left hand. You sweet little eyes have turned from the blue they were at birth to a beautiful hazel with a hint of blue. How you avoided blue eyes with so much of it in your genes I will never know... but its sweet to see your eyes match Daddy's.
1 Year Stats
Weight: 17lb, 12oz (6%)
Height: 28.5" (25%)
Head: 18.5" (90%)
On to the party...
I didn't want to go overboard for Maggie's first birthday (although I might've done that)... so I decided on a simple theme and an easy activity for the older kids who would be in attendance. I found an easy invitation on Pinterest.
![]() |
| Invitation (edited out address and email) |
| Pre-birthday shot, Maggie wasn't feeling this photo-shoot but Mommy still thinks it was cute. |
| First year photos |
| Think we had enough balloons?!? |
| More decorations |
| Birthday Girl!! |
| Birthday Girl with her Mitty |
| Swimming required an outfit change |
| Is this whole cake for me!?! |
| Present time is always popular and many hands were available to help Maggie open her gifts! |
Happy Birthday Miss Maggie!! Looking forward to celebrating a lifetime of them with you!

I love that picture of her with your mom - so precious!
ReplyDelete