| Bruce Family, March 2013 |
| Emma, Shanna, Anna and Nalani |
Then we all went inside for Grandy to teach her grand kids why we hide eggs and what they represent. It was so neat to see the little ones understand this. WOW!
After this. is was time to sit down and have our Seder meal. A Seder meal is a ceremonial meal that Jewish families do at the beginning of Passover to commemorate the exodus from Egypt by having symbolic foods/drinks and readings from the Old Testament. Obviously our meal was tweaked a bit for those that believe Jesus is our Messiah. The kids did great and listened intently and answered questions when prompted. I look forward to doing this for many years!! Unfortunately, I only got one picture of the table before we started.
The next day we decided to let Emma dye some eggs. She had a great time but didn't like 'waiting' for the eggs to change color in the dye. We got some kind of 'natural' dye and it took way longer than normal. But nonetheless, she had fun!
Emma had a great week at school and really learned a lot about Easter this year. On Good Friday, I started talking to her about it over lunch and was amazed at everything she already knew from Miss Paula (at school). She knew about nails in Jesus' hands and how the stone was rolled away from the tomb and Jesus was ALIVE!! I even called Billy at work to let her tell him everything she knew.
Sunday we went to church and got the girls all dressed up. Thankfully, the weather was really nice that day and so we hid some more eggs for Emma. She had fun searching for them and I expect we'll be doing Egg Hunts for the next few weeks. We introduced her to cascarones this year, thanks to Mitty! She had fun cracking them over Daddy's head.
I can't help but look at our pictures from last Easter and be reminded of how much has changed and how much Emma has grown. How blessed we are not only by our children but by a loving God who would give his only Son so that we may be washed of our sins. How thankful we are for Jesus and all He endured for us. He is RISEN!
| Easter 2012 |
Great pics! I can't believe you got such a good family shot...no photoshopping either?? :)
ReplyDeleteLove it so much!!!
ReplyDelete