![]() |
| In less than a year, that pink couch would be chewed up by this sweet little puppy. :-) |
Tyson was born on a farm outside of Palestine, Texas on May 31, 2003. I called to make the appointment to go see the latest litter of boxer pups and was hooked instantly. I left telling the lady I just wanted to sleep on it before I made my decision and ended up calling her on the way home (College Station at the time). He had me hook-line-n-sinker. Tyson has never been a hyped up alpha dog... more of a 70lb lap dog who will let you know if something isn't right. He never needed much disciplining and caught on quickly with his training. His registered name is Sir Tyson of Normandy Square. Since I had to give him a registered name I just named him after the apartment complex I was living in at the time I got him. Tyson went everywhere with me he could. Traveled on road trips with me... soccer games. He was MY first pet. Sure, I had dogs/cats growing up but he was the first one I was completely and totally responsible for. He has been with me for most of those huge life changes; graduating college, first job, new town, getting married and having children. Billy would agree that before we got Maya... Tyson was more human than dog. Didn't like to fetch, didn't like to swim, seemed to understand 5 word commands. It was amazing. After we returned from a long two week trip once, I laid down in the living room and he came over and positioned himself so he was hugging me. Like he had missed me that whole time. He also amazed me once when he held going to the bathroom for over 24 hours when I mistakenly forgot to remove the door to the dog door so he could freely come in/out. He never whined... just stayed close to me until I realized something wasn't right.
![]() |
| Tyson as a teenage pup. |
About three weeks ago, we realized Tyson having a harder time going to the bathroom. It seemed like he was either constipated or maybe something was blocking the exit. We prepared ourselves for what was to come and figured Tyson would be having some type of surgery in the near future. I knew it wasn't good when the Vet called and told me to prepare myself for his biopsy results. He didn't even have them yet, but he feared it would not be good. Boxers are prone to cysts. Tyson has been in several times to have them checked, so I knew what the vet looked for during his exam. Is the mass solid or fluid? Sadly, this time Tyson's mass is solid. And even more sadly... there is nothing we can do to fix it. The tumor is just too big to remove completely and the cancer is just too aggressive to see any real long term cure. Even with attempting surgery and chemo, we might only get a few more months. This type of cancer spreads quickly and is hard to contain. Vets best guess is it will only be a matter of weeks.
![]() |
| Tyson dressed up for our wedding. |
![]() |
| Tyson's first little sister. |
For almost a decade, Tyson has watched out for me, been by my side and happily sat by while more and more people entered our lives... my new mission is to take care and spoil him. It is horrible news and honestly I'm still not sure I've come to terms with it. But I am thankful that I get time with him. Time to spoil him... more time to love him... more time to tell him he's the best dog anyone could ask for. And of course, get pictures of him.
| Tyson with his second little sister! |
I'm sure there will be another post in the future about Tyson's passing. But wanted you to see/hear more about my sweet pup.




So glad you get time to spoil sweet Tyson. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThis will be such a special post to look back on. Loved all the pictures, especially the one with baby Maya.
ReplyDelete