meanderW

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Date Night

On February 2nd, Chick Fil A hosted a Daddy/Daughter Date Nite. Of course, I jumped on the idea! Found a CFA close to us with openings and made a reservation for Emma and Daddy. I had heard about this event from others in the past, but little did I know the great length CFA would go to make this a special night.

First, Emma was way more into this than I thought she would be.  I mentioned it the day before and she talked about it several times leading up to the event.  So cute.  I got her all dressed up and even let her borrow some perfume from Mommy.  (Now she wants to wear it all the time!)  Daddy got dressed up too and even brought her a flower which is still in her room.


CFA pulled out all the stops; fancy tables, decorations, plated food!  And don't even mention the karioke, dessert table and flowers.  There was quite the spread of ages ranging from 2-14!  Billy was very impressed and snapped as many photos as he could. 


But what most impressed me about CFA... first they handed out these little booklets to help Dads start conversations with their daughters and vice versa.  Just fun questions for the two to learn more about each other.  What a breath of fresh air in the society we live in today.  Going out of their way to promote family!!  And selfishly, I loved that CFA had a photographer come in and take photos of the Dads with their daughters.  It was a surprise for me for my birthday so, of course, I cherish it. 

Picture of the picture.

Lastly, just let me brag on my sweet hubby.  Not only did he do this with our 2 year old, but he hit it out of the park.  Emma came home just glowing with delight from her special time with Daddy.  He came home and started telling Maggie that he would take her out when she got old enough.  What an amazing man I married and what a wonderful father he is to these sweet little girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment