meanderW

Monday, February 11, 2013

8 Months

I know this isn't a normal 'appointment' time during the first year, but we ended up having an appointment anyways.  Maggie wasn't herself last Monday and so I took her in to find out a lovely ear infection was making my usual easy-going baby quite the unhappy (and uncomfortable) child. 

Maggie Moo is weighing in a 16.5 lbs these days.  She's wearing 9-12month and still sleeping at least 12 hours a night.  She loves her food and is even starting to show signs of favorites.  She also loves to gnaw on those Mum Mum crackers.  She is still nursing twice a day and gets a bottle for the other milk feedings.  Sadly, I'm seeing our nursing days come to an end.  I know I should be relieved, but Maggie made nursing easy and she always gave me some super sweet moments during our time together. 

She's sitting very well these days and is even attempting to lean and shift her weight.  Put her on her tummy and she'll spin circles are just roll all over the place.  She also likes to bounce, I think.  She can't keep her eyes off of Emma and likes to interact with her all the time.  As soon as we exit her room, she's darting her eyes around looking for her.  This quiet child is also becoming quite vocal and even making clicking noises with her tongue.  She, like her sister, calms down outside and loves to watch the dogs. 

She's doing great in the church nursery.  She doesn't nap even though its that time of the day... but she's happy.  And we haven't had too much separation anxiety yet. 

We can hardly believe our 'baby' is already 8 months old.  Even though it feels like she's always been with us.  Here's some sweet pics we've recently got of her.


My fingers...

I love how she raises her eyebrows!

Sweet smiles!!

She loves to play in Emma's room.  I'm guessing this will be an issue in the future. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment