I keep thinking of this 'list' of things that I'll do differently after Maggie arrives versus how I handled things with Emma. Obviously, I know what to expect a little better than I did the first time... but I know having two will present its own challenges. But we'll figure things out... we'll get use to our new 'normal' in time and before we know it, we will have a hard time remembering what life was like before two.
We had a wonderfully appropriate sermon this past week that humbled me and was a good reminder before we experience what lies ahead for our family in the coming weeks. (There's more than just Maggie, but I'll write more on those later) The sermon was over Pslam 102. The Psalm goes through a prayer of a person going through a time of weakness, a time of trial. Not that having a baby is a time of trial... but as anyone with a newborn knows... there are emotional times. Ultimately the Psalm recognizes the need for prayer and confession during trying times. God delights knowing that we can still come to Him with our troubles even though He knows exactly what we're going through. So even though I had this mental list of things that I was going to do differently... I really plan on praying and trusting in Him more. I don't expect answers to come quickly cause as our Pastor reminded us "the teacher normally stays quiet during the test." But I know He will guide us through those days/weeks of transition. Just like he guides us through our day-to-day lives.
| 3D Sono pic of Maggie... picture is tilted to the right... don't know why it didn't come in straight. Can you say chubby cheeks!!?! |
How sweet of the Lord to gently speak these truths to prepare you for the months ahead. Can't wait to pinch baby Maggie's cheeks!
ReplyDelete