meanderW

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Princess Party

For months Maggie had been requesting a 'Princess Party' for her third birthday.  I also felt like she was at the age where we could invite a few of her close friends from school/church.  I don't know if I just have the party planning down or this one was just easy.  We also had two family groups from Austin be able to join the party and it really was a great time. 

Maggie has been such a sweetie when it came to her birthday.  Anytime I asked her what she wanted for her birthday (meaning gift-wise), she would answer something like; cake, balloons or a card from you, daddy and emma that says you love me.  Be still my heart.  Our family would ask for ideas, but I really didn't have much to give them. 

Maggie's first birthday celebration was at preschool the Thursday before her birthday.  We just brought some cupcakes and her teacher made her an official 'birthday crown'! 

After school picture.

We had a lunchtime party on Saturday and included Mr. Phil on the festivities.  Phil is a longtime friend and has been doing entertainment for children for the past few years at libraries, festivals and malls.  I am so thankful he came to entertain the girls because I felt like I could enjoy the party and visit instead of 'running the show'. 

Our 3-year old Snow White
We have quite the array of Princess Dresses and I thought Maggie would go with her signature purple look; Rapunzel or Sophia.  But in the end she choose Snow White.  I'm glad she did because this dress was a little fancier or just in better shape than some of our others and she was just so cute in it.  It was fun to see her, Emma and their two girl cousins running around before the party trying to decide what to wear.  But Maggie wanted to wait till right before the party to get her dress on.

Elsa (Anna) & Anna (Emma)
This is the most 'still' picture I got during the entertainment.

Family Party Pic (love Maggie's face in this one)
So thankful for the sweet family and friends who could join us to celebrate our little girl.  It's such a joy to see your child in awe of the love around them.  Happy 3rd birthday Maggie Elizabeth!  Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment