meanderW

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Galveston, 2015

We just returned from a wonderful stay at Pointe West Resort for our 3rd year in a row.  This time we went just the four of us and stayed in the condos versus the homes that are available to rent.  The homes are great for larger groups, but the condos come with more perks; owners let you borrow beach toys, not as many stairs etc.

View from our balcony
 
We weren't sure if we'd have time to get down there this year with a new babe coming mid-summer but I'm glad we decided to book a place before the rush of high peak summer season.  We went for four nights and the girls had a blast!  I really thought I wasn't going to be much help (at 33 weeks pregnant) but I actually felt great and the long walks and stairs didn't bother me at all.  The weather was great and we had way less rain than we were expecting.  Maggie and Emma had so much fun just digging with Daddy and playing in the water.


What could be better?

Probably for one of the few times in my life (although I can't remember the last time) I could actually see through the water one day!!  It was awesome to be able to see the bottom!  Can you tell I'm not a big ocean person?  We spent so much time that day watching fish in the water and just splashing around. 
 
Bury Daddy!!

Beach sisters!
 
We also continued another tradition of going to the restaurant Gaidos. I love seeing our little girls there and often wonder how my parents corralled 4 little ladies there. Note to self, don't attempt to go to Gaidos on a Saturday night without a reservation. Thankfully they had some extra seating available that we just happened to get a table. 



I also got to see an old friend while we were there. Allison and I met as freshman at A&M and went thru our ME degrees together. 8am classes were much easier having a friend that could help you through it. I'm glad that even despite the distance and all the busy-ness that family life brings we could still get together and catchup for a few hours.


Also another random chance of events had us overlap our good friends the Walter Family for one full day while down in Pointe West.  We totally didn't plan it at all, and didn't even know until 2 weeks before our trip.  It was fun to watch the kids play around at the beach and get in some dessert together.  Even though the twins are three years older than Emma, they are such sweet playmates.


We found 4 adorable Mermaids in Galveston too!!

So thankful for time away from work (for Billy) and all that keeps me busy at home.  Lots of changes are coming down the pipeline in the next few months so I'm glad we got some time to recharge and just have fun. If you are ever looking for a more quiet, secluded area in Galveston I totally recommend Pointe West.







1 comment:

  1. Love the pics and so glad our vacation planning was in sync.

    ReplyDelete