meanderW

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Maggie - 3 Years Old

Oh sweet Maggie Elizabeth, how you have grown over the last 3 years.  There are so many wonderful things I want to remember about you at this age.  I only hope I can get each one in this post;

The first thing anyone notices about you is your speech (or how much you talk).  You know no strangers and want everyone to know your name is 'Maggie'.  You can pronounce huge words and even when Mommy has a hard time trying to figure out what 'made-up' word you are using you'll break it down into syllables for me so I can learn it too.

You absolutely adore your older sister.  You call her 'Um-ma' even though you can pronounce it the way it should be.  You girls have been playing lots of imaginary play for months now and its fun to see what you come up with. I also laugh that usually you are the older/parental role in the bunch.  You definitely enjoy your time alone with Mommy and Daddy but if its even mentioned about possibly doing something without Emma you get concerned.  "But I love my sister the best." is a common statement.

You are so quick to share and take turns.  You also give out so much love to those around you.  Not a day passes at preschool where you don't run up to your friends with hugs upon your arrival and then do the same as we are leaving. You have a huge heart in that little body of yours.

You love the color purple. Hands down.

You've transitioned to a Big Girl Bed in the last month.  You still miss your crib especially when you are really tired.  We have been trying to leave the 'all important' Lovey in your bed due to some recent and scary disappearances.  (Thankfully only temporary) But you've come so far by not needing her at church, school or taking her into places when we are running errands. 

You love all your family but have really taken to all the ladies in your life, especially your Mitty/Grandy/Grandma.  When they are around you prefer they wake you up, read to you, change your diapers, sit next to you, hold you etc etc.  That is perfectly fine with this Momma. :-)

Your parents have been toying with the idea of potty training but haven't really dove in head first yet.  You get the idea but we've been so busy there aren't many days at home. I think you will pick this up quickly once we do start though. (or so I hope)

You retain so much more than we expect you to. You'll bring up things weeks/months after they happened or even repeat 'word for word' lessons we are trying to teach you. You even keep Mommy and Daddy in check of those same lessons! Good girl Maggie!

One of our favorite things to witness is your coming to understand our God. You know how He has created everything around you and how 'mighty' He is! We really consider it a privilege and honor to teach you about Him and are amazed at how your little mind can ponder such amazing things.

You are a slow eater and definitely like certain foods.  You've never been a big bread eater, but enjoy tortillas.  You still take about a 2 hour nap most days and would probably sleep longer but then you'll keep your sister up at night.  You also can't start the day until you've had your 'morning milk' which  you require to be warmed up and served in a purple cup.  I think its cute so I play along.  You still like us to hold/cuddle you but when things are happening around us you want to be right in the middle of the action. 

Here's your 3 year old stats (which delayed the posting of this blog because Mommy had to schedule it almost 3 weeks past your actual bday.)

Height: 36 5/8" (15%)
Weight: 29 lb (15%)
 
You are such a strong-willed little lady at the ripe ol age of 3, Maggie.  You are determined to keep up with those older than you and are always wanting to play a part in anything I'm trying to help 'teach' Emma.  If you see your sister doing it, you want to do it as well.  I'm glad you are willing to try new things but also wish you would slow down your 'getting older' steps.  Even your pediatrician asked you if you were already 4 today.  I know this is a great quality to have as a child and want to foster it as much as possible.  But also this calls for much more disciplining when you think you know better than Mommy and Daddy.  You are quick to apologize and quick to pop back to your normal self after some 'time-out' time.  I do not mind that you push the envelope but you must learn to obey as well.

I also love how confident you are.  Such a tiny body just bursting with energy and self-assurance.  And despite that you are also very caring with those around you, especially to younger ones.  This is exciting for me to see since another little one is on the way.  I also expect some times of jealousy when Mommy can't help you right away due to needs of the baby.  But even if someone gets a small boo-boo or back ache you are always quick to offer comfort and then think about the injury again later and ask about it.  Such a sweet little one you are that amazes us daily. 

Love you Maggie and so blessed to be your parents.

1st, 2nd & 3rd Birthday collage

No comments:

Post a Comment