meanderW

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Four Years Old

Well my baby is now a little lady... If someone would've told me 4 years ago, how fast those years would fly by, I wouldn't have believed them.  Just 1460 days ago, this baby required much. She needed us for everything; food, diaper changes etc etc etc.  I know she still needs us for much, (and I'm sure I'm feeling like this because she's our first) but to see them do things for themselves, hit those milestones and start to ponder all that is around her is quite amazing.  This past year I've seen her fly from all those baby-isms.  She's been potty trained this whole last year, no more diapers. She moved into a big girl bed, no more crib. She can write her name. She can pump herself on a swing.  She can reach most sinks and get herself up on toilets. She can take her dishes to the sink. She can question things she sees. She can understand consequences. She can, she can and she can. In 4 short years, this child could barely even make a noise other than crying and now she can tell me about the kind of beetle that lives on a sloth. It is an amazing thing to witness and I am so blessed to be a part of it. 

Some of Emma's favorite things are....
Going Outdoors: being outside brings a kind of peace to her that can't be explained. She can be out there all by herself (within eyeshot of me or Billy) and be perfectly content.  Digging, collecting, riding bikes, chalk, or swinging. 
Singing: She will make up some of the funniest songs ever. I have video to prove it. She just finds a tune and goes with it. 
Seeing Daddy: we have said that Emma can't come out of her room until 7am if she wakes up before that. But Mon-Fri she will normally come out a little earlier just to see Daddy and tell him to have a good day.
Her Sister: Even though you wouldn't always think so, they are strongly bound together. Its hard for them to go without the other, especially since they share a room now. Their relationship has blossomed so much this past year. Almost to the extent that they don't know Billy and I are in the same room sometimes. 
Crafts: She can keep busy for HOURS with craft projects. The building type seem to fit her fancy the best, but anything with glue, scissors or tape is right up her alley. 
Helping: a daily comment from Emma is 'Can I help?' Warms my heart every time.  I'd say the kitchen is her favorite place to help.

Emma does great in the eating department as well. In fact, that little girl can put more food down than I thought was possible for a child her age. And I love how she's willing to try anything at least once. She has transitioned into a Quiet Time this past year instead of a regular nap. I'm grateful for her compliance in just staying in her play room.  Sometimes she'll give herself a nap and sometimes she won't. Emma is a tender child. She leans towards the more sensitive side of things and she loves in big ways. Occasionally an accident will happen, and Emma will unintentionally do something that hurts Maggie. Emma instantly falls to pieces at the thought that she hurt her little sister.

Emma has also started talking about what she wants to be when she grows up. Mountain Climber, work at Chick Fil A and a Mommy have all been mentioned more than once. It will be so neat to see how God leads her.

So much seems to change even at the Doctor's office when you turn 4.  Hearing tests, vision tests blood pressure and a urine sample?!? It was a fun adventure seeing Emma experience those new things.  Speaking of doctor's visits here's her latest stats!

Weight:  37lbs (50%)
Height:  40.25" (70%)


Playing dress-up with Maggie. She called this her 'Elsa Dress'
before she actually got one.

Running through the sprinklers with Daddy


Stealing Daddy's shades and a tattoo?! ;-)

Our sweet butterfly.

Happy 4th Birthday Emma Jane.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment