meanderW

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Maggie News

Miss Maggie is growing so fast too... she is speaking so much!  I almost forget she's only 21 months old.  Ever since the new year, she has been shadowing her big sister.  They play together SOOOO MUCH!!  It seriously brings a smile to my face.  And its not just the let's play and then fight over toys, although that happens too.  They are learning to share, take turns, you do this while I do that... This Momma feels like they don't even notice me sometimes.  Its so fun to see how quickly they can make each other laugh.  But of course, the flip side of that is how fast they can fire the other one up too.  Oh well...
Super Maggie
 
Monkey hat from music class (she likes to wear it all the time)
 
January was a hard month for Miss Maggie. I'm going to blame molars but poor thing was just not herself for several weeks. Fussy and getting diaper rashes very easily were just a few symptoms. I started to wonder what happened to our 'easy' child. But she returned to her normal easy-going nature and those diaper rashes are gone!

Maggie loves all shoes!

Park fun day!
Maggie has been in a new classroom at 'school' since the beginning of the year. It took her sometime at the beginning to adjust but Miss Paula knew her well since she would visit often when Emma was in that class. One of the rules in this class is you can't have any loveys/pacifiers. This is just something Maggie can not adjust to.  And thankfully the teachers are making special exceptions for her. They've tried several of their tried and true methods but alas they know there are a few kids who just have to have them. And Maggie fits into this category. I also just finally bought her a second lovey just so I can regularly wash them without causing too much stress. Don't get me wrong, she doesn't have it all the time. But she's always aware of it. And whenever she is without her big sister she is much more cautious but that's when Lovey gives her comfort. So because of the importance of Lovey to Maggie I thought I better pay her tribute. 

Maggie simply calls her 'Lovey'
 
On a more recent note... I dislocated Maggie's elbow earlier this week. She was standing in one spot and I just went to move her by picking her up by her hands and turning 180 degrees. And then the poor thing started crying. And crying and crying.  She wouldn't move her arm and I feared broken bones. My sweet friend and her daughters were visiting and helped keep me on task and let me run around the house getting things prepared for some sort of doctor/hospital visit. Poor Maggie cried until about a mile from the doctors office and then she said 'that feels better,' we still went and she cried so much as I carried her in. She didn't have shoes on and couldn't even hold her beloved lovey. And since it was her left arm she couldn't suck her two favorite fingers. Complete Mom Failure! I love our pediatrician. Not only did he squeeze us in but within one minute he had Maggie's elbow back together and was drawing the whole anatomy on an elbow out for me.  Sweet Maggie is such a trooper.  And I am so thankful the Lord has us with one of the best pediatricians around. 


Maggie is also doing great developmentally (and when her Mom isn't popping her elbow out of socket).  She can count to 10, knows the ABC song and is going strong verbally.  Can't believe how much she has changed in the past 6 months and that she is almost 2.  She also shows to have a huge love for all animals.  No matter the weight, she always wants to 'hold' any dog.  My sister was here with her dog for the weekend and Maggie preferred to just hang out with the pups instead of play in the living room.  She also loves to sing and be sung to around bedtime.  It one of the few times in the day she'll just let me hold her without too much wiggling.  Right now, she really wants Mommy to put her to bed.  She'll say 'Mommy do it!'  Which is funny because Daddy did it so much when she was younger.  I'll eat it up for now, because I'm sure she'll outgrow this too. 

We love you so much little girl.  Please stop growing up so fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment