meanderW

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Lots of Firsts!!

Okay so I've been horrible about blogging for the last month... I know this... It was a big month, Billy and I both celebrated our birthdays and I've had several date nights and a Mommies Night Out!  I will eventually write about those things, but first needed to mention some big things that have been happening in Emma's world. 

First, I took her to see her first movie in the theater.  We had been debating it just because she is sensitive to loud noises and the theaters always play the movie too loud.  (Even at the 10:30am matinee) But we finally decided lets do it.  She's been so good lately and we wanted to surprise her.  Plus, everyone she knows has been talking about 'Frozen'... Frozen this and Frozen that... We had heard great things about the movie and knew about the potentially scarier parts.  I didn't tell Emma anything I just told her we were taking her for a surprise.  I parked in the parking lot and asked her if she knew where we were... It was so fun to be with her!  She didn't really fit in the seats, so I ended up holding the seat down for her so it didn't sandwich her in.  The 'scary parts' turned out to be Emma's favorite. (maybe because I told her about them beforehand) And we even took some pics in one of those overpriced photo booths just to celebrate the occasion. 


A few days later Emma went to her first dentist appointment.  I'll tell you why later... but we knew she would go sometime this year, but an 'accident' happened that we wanted to get checked out.  I'm so glad I was referred to a pediatric dentist place.  She was way more relaxed than I thought she would be and the only hard time she had was with the x-rays when they put that camera in the middle of your mouth.  Otherwise she was a champ!  Even laughing during her cleaning.  Honestly child?!? who likes that gritty stuff during the teeth cleaning?  I was expecting way worse, especially since I always have a small fear of the dentist.  One more crown and they are calling me a princess for good! ha.  But she did fantastic.  Did you know they have flavored gloves at the pediatric dentist places?  Not fair!  Emma even asked her dentist if she could still use her nibby (the name for her pacifier).  I've never really wanted to push her to get rid of it cause I've heard they'd drop it when they were ready.  But the dentist gave her some answer about her teeth looking so pretty without it and she looked at me and said "okay, I won't use it anymore." GASP!  Mommy wasn't really prepared for the nibby to be gone for good.  But so it goes... our little girl is growing up, making decisions and standing by them.  I guess I just felt like she was still 'little' with the nibby. 

She already hadn't used it for about 5 days because she fell and hit her mouth.  She was pretending to ice skate on the tile floor and busted her lip open.  A few days later she mentioned her teeth hurting and I noticed a little gum bruising.  Thankfully she still has baby teeth and the dentist doesn't think she'll have to do anything but she wants to see her again in another two weeks. Please God, I don't think Momma could handle any major dental procedures yet with the little ones.  But He knows how much I can really handle even if I'm a big baby in any office with DDS on it. 

So there it is... movie, dentist and the pacifier all within a week of each other.  I'm not gonna lie, I've gotten teary at how fast she is growing up.  But I'm excited to see this little lady become who she is meant to be. 

I've got lots of fun news about Miss Maggie too... Working on her blog next!

1 comment: