meanderW

Monday, July 2, 2012

Sisters

Okay I'm not going to lie... the first week of bringing Maggie home, my Mommy guilt got the best of me. I felt so bad for Emma... my sweet toddler had her world rocked and it was showing.  Thankfully, that transitional period seems to be over with... I'm going to be honest and I know this sounds horrible, but I wondered if having a second child was a good idea (for Emma's sake).  Remember, this was a crazy hormonal time and my sweet child had left the building. 

But during that emotional time. Billy reminded me about what a HUGE role Maggie would play for Emma during her lifetime.  This little girl would be her best friend, closest confidant, #1 fan, always there for her no matter what, maybe her maid of honor... the list could go on and on.  I felt reassured by remembering what a huge role my own sisters play in my life and how blessed I am to have them.  Of course, there have been hard times but no matter what I know 3 ladies around this world would come to my side, without question, at a moments notice... and no matter what I've said... there's no way I would not want them in my life. :-) 

This is what Maggie is for Emma.  This is what they will be for each other.



1 comment: