At 10:30am (exactly), Miss Maggie popped her little head out of Mommy's tummy and let out quite a squeal! I was surprised and elated upon hearing her take her first breaths of this world. Tears filled my eyes and Billy promptly started his photographer role. The doctor even let him take some as Maggie's head was out. It was fun to see what was happening on the other side of the 'curtain' afterwards. Maggie weighed in at a hefty 8 pounds, 4 ounces to our surprise! She measured 19.5" long with dark dark hair and dark blue eyes. We thought she had brown eyes at first, but confirmed the blue in the room afterwards. She immediately sprayed the infant station in the room upon getting cleaned up. I noticed the nurses wiping everything down afterwards and wondered what had happened. Daddy escorted Maggie to the nursery to get her vitals checked and Mommy finished up in the OR. We switched doctors with this birth and are so thankful for Dr. Gordon. Even after he was finished he sat and chatted with Mommy until they were finished with me and he was just very reassuring about how everything went.
| Maggie Elizabeth Bruce Born June 7, 2012 at 10:30am |
Our biggest desire for Maggie's birth (besides a healthy baby and Mommy) was to get Maggie ASAP after her birth to start working on feeding. Thankfully, within about 15 minutes upon arriving in the recovery room, Maggie was brought in by her sweet nurse, Lisa. Maggie has done wonderful with eating and latched immediately, never showing any doubt in her purpose. This was a huge relief for us and a big answer to prayer.
We stayed in the hospital until Friday evening and felt like we were good enough to finish our recovery in the comforts of our home. I think we surprised everyone when we started asking about leaving on Friday. But Maggie and Mommy were doing great and there were plenty of hands to help out at home, plus our bed!!
| Emma meeting Maggie |
We feel greatly blessed to have two wonderfully healthy children and to see Emma being so sweet with her little sister. She is very gentle with her and always wants to give her kisses. I have yet to snap some photos of them together yet because after we got home from the hospital, Emma came down with a cold. So I'll post those photos in the weeks to come.
2 WEEK UPDATE:
Since I waited so long to post this, I have Maggie's two week stats!!
Weight: 8 pounds, 9 ounces (50%)
Height: 20.25" (50%)
Head Circumference: 14.75" (75%)
No comments:
Post a Comment