meanderW

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Trip to ATX

A few weeks ago, we got to take a little road trip. We headed down to Austin to see family and friends and, most importantly, to shower my sister (Meredith) and her son with all the things necessary when baby arrives. And a few more un-neccesary things too! :-)  I had a wonderful time planning Meredith's festivities and I wanted to take on a few craft projects for the event to help decorate the venue.  I wasn't sure how it would all come together since I had never seen the place we were going to have the shower.  But I was happy with the outcome.  It was a great event and even though the ladies came from all walks of Meredith's life... they got along wonderfully.  I can't take all the credit because numerous people helped bring together the pieces of this shower.  Here's some of the projects that were completed for the shower;

1. Diaper Cake (me)
2. Bud vases for the tables (me)
3. welcome banner for Austin (me but got the idea from Kelli Bruce)
4. cookie favors for the guests (made by the super-talented Sandy Bruce)
5. Picture montage and video (made by Mer's hubby, Ryan, via Afghanistan. Tissues not included)
6. Guess The Gunthorp Game (created by Rebecca Reyes)

Here's some photos I snapped of the fun event!



We had a great time visiting with family too.  Emma does such a great job in new surroundings. We are so blessed to have so many family members live so close.  And its just fun to see grandparents with their grandkids. Those little ones just bring out the 'mush' in them. :-)

Here's a cute photo I snapped of Emma and Daddy swinging together.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! What beautiful favors and decorations! You Bruce ladies are super talented! What a blessed mommy to receive a shower like that! PS, the nursery missed Emma. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics Court! And what an amazing shower! Thank you so very much! Austin, Ryan and I appreciate it so much! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete