meanderW

Friday, September 16, 2011

Emma's Swing

Sometime towards the end of June, Granddad and Grandma Patty brought up a new shiny swing for Emma.  Due to the heat, a little bit of procrastinating and no available limbs, we didn't get around to putting up the swing until just recently.  BIG MISTAKE.

We had to get a swing up with no horizontal limbs to hang it from.  Thanks to the snow storms of years past, many of our ideal limbs were no longer available.  Leave it to two engineers to solve this dilemma.  We had stress diagrams drawn up over this swing people, no joke.  No way our little baby is going to fall or feel any sort of out of phase double pendulum motion from our design!   Now or until she's heavier than Daddy for that matter!  Billy came up with a great idea that only required cable, cable clamps and some tubing. He tested it with his own weight and end result; Emma absolutely loves it.  It's only been up for a week but I already see her totally comfortable in the swing and getting a little daring too.  (see video)  So much time will be spent playing with this swing.  Fun times!

Can't you tell she doesn't like it?!? HAHA!


4 comments:

  1. That is so funny - I will need to see the diagrams. Glad she has a backyard swing as I know she'll have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. That is hilarious! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brave little one Emma is. She cracks me up. And I love how she cracks you up too. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! You crazy engineers. Nerd Alert! And I love it. Emma gets more and more beautiful by the second. I need to come back to Dallas STAT! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete