| Cutie Pa-tootie! |
Our little 'Bruiser' is already into 6month clothes and size 2 diapers. He isn't into a real sleep pattern during the day but is getting through the nights nicely. I figured the days would be hard being #3 and having to just go with the flow of our schedule. His nights just improved in the last two weeks. He goes down between 7-8pm and then wakes up around 10:30pm for one last feeding before the long stretch. He went until 5am last night but occasionally wakes us up around 3am for a diaper change and some 'gassing'. Super Daddy, Billy, handles that 3am wakeup call since Landon doesn't want to eat and goes back to sleep quickly. I've had some trouble with plugged ducts this go 'round and so I've been waking up to pump around 2:30am. Thankfully its quick and its helping me get a little stock pile for those future date nights or 'mommy needs a break' times.
This has been a challenging two months for me. Landon is a sweet baby but he definitely has his fussy moments. Or his fussy days. I don't want to sugar coat it because I often look back at these posts to see what life was like. Its not that Landon being fussy makes it super challenging... we expected a fussy baby. I think the transition to three has been more difficult than I expected. Still nothing like the first one though. But I am super thankful that my older two get along well and can, for the most part, happily play together. Landon just loves to be held and gets easily over-stimulated. With three mommas in this house, this can happen before 9am. I also know that this time will pass quickly and so I try not to get too distraught. Every time I hear those lungs I'm just thankful for a healthy baby who can scream from the rooftops when he is unhappy. The hardest part is I feel like none of the kids are ever satisfied. I try to do fun stuff with the girls, but often get called to baby's needs. I know in the grand scheme of things this time will fly by, but a Mom still wants to give her all to her kids and their happiness is her reward. I often get the most stressed during meal times as its hard to hold a fussy baby and prepare to feed your family. I normally end up with a fussy baby in the other room and then the girls have a stressed Momma throwing their food together. Even on #3, its hard to listen to them cry. I can handle nails across the chalk board all day, but my baby crying rips me from the inside out.
Emma has handled having a new baby brother like a champ. No changes in her obedience and her behavior. But sweet Maggie had a hard time. Thankfully she's coming back to her sweet sassy self, but for awhile there it was pretty evident that her world was rocked. I'm sure my sleep-deprived, inpatient self didn't help that either.
All in all we are doing good. Landon is growing great and we all live to get him to smile at us. I haven't figured out which piece of 'gear' is his favorite yet. Surprisingly, the swing and the bouncy chair do not get used often as he definitely doesn't like those. He does like to nap on his tummy though and a pacifier helps calm him down. I think he will end up using his fingers as he often is looking at his hand and trying to get it towards his mouth. His eyes are still blue and I don't think they are going to change. Time will tell.
2 Month Stats
Weight: 13lb 8oz (75%)
Height: 23" (50%)
Head: 16" (90%)
| Love those arms!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment