Confession Time: Our original plan was to wait and find out the sex of our baby until the delivery. We almost made it. We were ready for either gender. Had two names picked out and two piles of clothes ready for the taking. It really was easier to not know than I thought it would be. Until the last week. My nesting was taking a strong hold and here I was left with nothing to do unless I knew the gender. So I busted out an envelope that contained our secret (we had only gotten this info at our 36 week sono but had sealed it away). Sadly, the picture was not totally conclusive in my mind. It stated we were having a boy, but I still felt like it was going to be a girl. Fast Forward to delivery room...
We walked into the operating room about 11am. Spinal procedure went great this time. I'm glad I had talked about my previous experience with the anesethiologist. Although Billy has spent much time standing/watching the procedure he stayed down close to me. It was sweet. I was apprehensive about this surgery. Baby started crying before they even had him all the way out and it was such a relief to hear those sweet little wails. I still didn't believe it could be a boy so I'm asking over and over again... is it a boy? is it a boy? We didn't care what gender the baby was as long as he/she was healthy. But a boy was new unfamiliar territory and we were out of our element. All the nurses started commenting about how big his hands were. Future piano player perhaps?
Billy escorted Landon back to our room while they finished me up. As always I appreciate my Ob and his bedside manner. He had several surgeries before/after mine but he never seemed rushed or too busy. It was great to get back to the room and hold our new little one. You really forget how little they truly are at birth. Landon latched on like a champ and has been eating great ever since. We spent some time sharing the news with family and friends and then kind of just hunkered down in the hospital to enjoy some time just the 3 of us.
Emma and Maggie came up later than afternoon and it was so fun to see their faces. I worried Maggie would be disappointed that 'he' wasn't a 'she' but she loved Landon instantly. They are both doing really great with him and always want to love on him. I'm so thankful they have each other to play with since Mommy is busy with baby. I don't feel half the 'momma guilt' I did when Maggie was born just because I know they have a playmate. Emma is really a great helper and keeps me stocked with diapers. Anytime I don't respond immediately to Landon's cries, Emma is always right there saying "he needs you Momma." It's sweet.
We stayed in the hospital two nights and came home on Wednesday after lunch. The only hiccup with this delivery was I did have another allergic reaction. Thankfully we caught it earlier this time and was able to see the doctor before the weekend to help diagnose it. During Maggie's delivery I found out I was allergic to Mastisol. So even though they didn't use that at all this time my doctor thinks I either have an allergy to betadyne or to adhesives. We're hoping for betadyne. We'll test that theory in a few months and see if we can narrow it down.
Two Week Stats
Height: 20" (25%)
Weight: 9lbs 5oz (75%)
Weight: 9lbs 5oz (75%)
Head Circumference: 14 5/8" (80%)
Yeah!!!! So sweet...very happy for y'all!
ReplyDelete