I wasn't expecting to find out anything. With the other pregnancies my tests weren't positive until the day after a missed period. This was 4 days before I was suppose to start. Hence my shock when it quickly showed 'pregnant'. I couldn't wait to tell Billy. It was a work day and he had just left like an hour before. No way I could wait till the end of the day. So I sent a casual text and he was so surprised!
I was pretty nervous for the first few weeks even while driving to my doctors. Our summer experience reminded me not to get too excited first. My doctor and nurses are wonderful and tried to reassure me with early trips to the lab and lots of bloodwork. But I was still apprehensive. They couldn't guaranty that it wasn't ectopic until 7 weeks. Well my rupture happened at 7.5 so I was nervous about waiting that long.
But as soon as my sono started... There was that teeny tiny babe right where he/she should be, heart beating looking like a gummy bear. I was relieved, to say the least. Because it was still early we just wanted to wait longer to spill the beans.
We told our families around 10 weeks, the girls right around 11 and the whole world right after 12. I've started to feel somewhat better but still have the migraines every 7-10 days. My tummy looks like I'm 5 months pregnant (no hiding it now) and I'm craving lots of spicy food. We have decided to NOT find out the gender this time and be surprised. Of course this will make the 'name' doubly difficult but oh well. I've always wanted to see if I could hold out.
Update: Second trimester has brought much relief in the headache dept. I still look very pregnant for only being about halfway done. Still have my mind made up that I don't want to know the gender. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment