meanderW

Friday, May 23, 2014

ATX Trip

So the girls and I ran down to Austin for some family time a few weeks ago.  I'm getting more confident to travel solo with two kiddos and I'm always up for some extended family time that a two day weekend just can't fulfill.  So we headed down on a Monday morning and were there by lunchtime.  Love what an easy drive it is to get there!  We had a great time with Granddad, Grandma and Aunt Jamie!  And thankfully, I survived a few speed bumps that I've always dreaded would happen when traveling with the girls.  Poor Emma came down with a fever Monday around dinnertime.  She opted for not eating at all and just went straight to bed.  By Tuesday she was back to her normal self!!  Monday night Austin had a wonderful downpour (resulting in 3" of rain!!) but the lightening show and thunder kept Maggie pretty scared at night.  I just kind of jumped back and forth between rooms during Monday night and got about 3 hours of sleep.  BUT I survived! :-) 

Tuesday, Aunt Jamie planned a Painting Party for the girls at her apartment.  It was fun to see her and her new place.  And so sweet of her to spoil the girls with some new ponies!  We took the rest of Tuesday pretty slow waiting to see if Emma would relapse or not.  Again it was kind of a rainy day too so we did lots indoors. 
Aunt Jamie made this sign!  She's so sweet!

The girls did multiple canvases, this one we just let them use purple so we could put it in their 'Sister Room'!

We love our Aunt Jamie and our new Ponies!

On Wednesday, Granddad took off work and we went to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center!  So neat.  They had just opened a new 'Family Area' with lots of kid attractions.  We walked all over and then had a nice lunch before heading home.  On our way to the car, my phone decided it was too hot and took a dip in a pond (as I leaned over to help with something).  But even after its third water experience, my phone is still kicking!! 




Cute photo!
We headed home after a leisurely breakfast on Thursday.  By the time we got to Waco, Maggie was crying and saying her ears hurt (she was currently taking meds for an ear infection).  So I called the doctors and made an apt for the next day.  She ended up having tonsillitis! But besides having a low fever it never seemed to affect her that much, PTL! 

Enjoying popsicles that Grandma made!
All in all, it was a great trip and I love getting a chance to be with family.  Yes, it took me a few days to recover, but I'll have time to sleep later in life! :-)  Next month we're going to get to see some cousins from Arizona and go down to SA and see Mitty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment