meanderW

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Three Years Old

I know I say it every birthday... But honestly... Three has been a little bit more emotional for me. I see time flying by at lightning speeds and I can't slow it down. Emma is turning into such a sweet little lady.  I can hardly believe we're so lucky. I see little glimpses of the girl she is shaping up to be and it warms my heart.

One big milestone for Emma was moving classes at SIL's Childcare.  She had been with Paula since she started school (just before Maggie was born) and it got me all teary eyed when I learned after her little school birthday celebration, she was introduced to her next class and stayed there for the rest of the day. What?!? You mean we don't have a big goodbye with Paula with lots of hugs and tears? Haha. Don't get me wrong... I knew she was ready for the next class, but Emma's (and my) constant at school had always been Paula. Miss Shari's class has exciting things in store... Bigger playground, new toys, baking days, bigger crafts... But along with all these new and exciting things is the acceptance that our first born is no longer a little baby/toddler.

Princess Crown made by Paula

Emma blowing out her candles with her sweet friends nearby. Lily looks like she's helping!
 
So Emma here's what I notice about you at 3 years old;
1. You love to dance and sing. We often here you making up songs about anything around you and we love it. 
2. You are much more aware of your actions and the consequences. You apologize quickly and are swift to check on those around you.  Especially if Maggie falls down or if Mommy has a headache... You always offer you sweet little kisses to heal whatever may be hurting. 
3. You are a quick learner and you have an amazing memory. It could be months since something happened and you'll bring it up and ask me if I remembered it. It astounds me. 
4. You love your little sister and enjoy playing with her. Sharing is still something we're working on but you are getting better about taking turns. But you cried for her today when she had to get a flu shot. Thankfully Grandy was there to hold you when Mommy was comforting Maggie. 
5. You're getting quite athletic.  You are a pretty fast runner, and you seriously have some ball skills thanks to our living room training sessions. (Jk) we would love for you to play soccer, but if your heart goes another direction that is fine too. But right now, I'm going to say your headed towards soccer. And it was confirmed today at your wellness checkup that your leg bones are shaped for the running sports more so than the ballerina ventures. But when you told Dr. Hunke that you liked to dance he said, 'well maybe you'll do well with hip hop dancing.' Haha!
6. You can count to 12 or 13 and know the other numbers to 20 but they get mixed up. 
7. I believe you will be right handed. You also are starting to write letters and are very good at identifying them. 
8. I'm pretty sure you are potty trained. We started in June and after Mommy drug her feet with you in pull-ups for too long, you made the transition to 'underwear' with only about a handful of accidents. I still am expecting some accidents but even on your birthday when I thought the bathroom would be the last thing on your mind you were good to go. Thank you for making my first potty training experience better than I was expecting. 
9. Like most firstborns, your leadership attributes are coming out.  Your first day in the older kids classroom, you were bossing around the big kids on the playground like a champ. Or so I heard. :-)
10. I think you are almost out of the 'separation anxiety' phase... you are great at school and church with us leaving you.  Occasionally, at home if its a datenight or I'm going to run errands on the weekend, you still want me to hang around and give you extra snuggles until you feel like its okay for me to leave.  Which I don't mind one bit. ;-)

 
3 Year Stats
Height: 37.5" (60%)
Weight: 32 lbs (50%)


For her birthday party, Emma asked for fairy wings and a bounce house. This is what Mommy and Daddy came up with...


We turned all the little ladies into fairies!
 
Even Maggie got into it with Aunt Jamie as the surprise Aunt Fairy!

And we gave them a bounce house and a big backyard! (love how Liza is holding on to my Dad's finger)
 
Lounging fairies
Delicious cake/cupcakes courtesy of Aunt Jamie and Delish Bakery in Austin.
 
Painting Fairy Houses

Food and Fun

Attempting the 'jump' pose.

It was a great time, unfortunately... I wasn't as good about pictures as I have been in the past but oh well... I got to participate more! :-)  Ever since Emma was a baby we've had a sign on her wall that was quite fitting for this year's birthday theme.  It says;

 "Your wings already exist, all you have to do is FLY!"


We pray that we honor God with the way we raise you Miss Emma Jane and that with His help you fly to great heights sharing His amazing love with the world.  Happy birthday sweet little girl.  We love you so much.


1 comment:

  1. Adorable girl and adorable party! Can't believe she is already three.

    ReplyDelete