First we had some fun cousin time... we are so thankful that we live so close to a big portion of our family. It is so fun to see the cousins run around and entertain each other. They really do play well (and sometimes argue) like family! Here's some cute pics;
| Liza & Maggie |
| Haven, Emma and Anna playing with frogs at the Perot. These girls are 2, 3 and 4! |
| Painting ladies |
Then we had some fun excitement on November 12th... I heard a bunch of squawking from the chicken coop in the morning. I even went out there before the girls woke up to see what they were all excited about. But because it was too dark inside the coop I didn't find this surprise until after taking Emma to preschool. Indiana laid her first egg!! She was 20 weeks + 1 day old. And she's been laying an egg a day ever since! I did compare her first few eggs to a store bought egg and although the yolk was slightly smaller it was definitely darker in color. I've been told this means there's more nutrition in them. And maybe it's just my mind, but they do seem tastier to me.
| See Indiana? She's showing off her good work! |
| Not a bad size egg for her first... |
I finally 'participated' in my first Color Run! I say participated because although the title was 'Color RUN' I did very little running. More like just sprinting through the color stations. We had a fun group of six ladies who ventured out in the early morning for some colorful exercise. It was fun and I really like my new shirt!
| The 'Gang' post race |
| At the end of the race, the color is still flying all over! |
Since Emma is in one of the older classes at preschool, they do a Thanksgiving Feast every year. Her class did lots of preparation... making costumes and a few other decorations. I was really glad we were still invited even though it was on a day that Emma doesn't normally attend. SIL's childcare is such an amazing place and the ladies there are AMAZING. I feel so blessed to have people of this caliber pouring into the lives of our little ones.
| 3 year old Indians |
| Emma and Miss Shari (her teacher) |
| Indian Emma and her cousin, Pilgrim Shanna |
No comments:
Post a Comment