meanderW

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

VBS 2013

With Maggie being older and more predictable, I decided I wanted to volunteer for our church's VBS week.  I'm so glad I did it!!  What an amazing effort that comes together for 5 straight days of loving on area kids and teaching them about Jesus.  I don't really remember ever going to VBS when I was little, although I did do week-away Christian Camps.  So I literally knew nothing about what went on to prepare and produce the week of the school.  Thankfully, my sweet sister-in-law slash Super-Mom is in the know big time!!  So all my questions went to her! (Thanks Sandy)

Music Time!
One big relief is that our church provides childcare for the child of volunteers even if they aren't old enough to attend VBS yet.  I didn't know how involved Emma's age group would get either so imagine my delight when I saw they got to attend the assembly time and sing songs and dance too!  Every day she brought home a bag full of crafts and one larger craft to make up her 'Armor'.  The first day they made crowns and Emma didn't want to take hers off even when coming home!  Just a tip... those foam-type crafts do bleed if you get them wet.  Emma got so sweaty running around outside her hair was dyed pink!  It's still not totally gone, but the color has faded some after several washings.  I just smiled and was very thankful it wasn't another color like green or something that might get some more attention.  Pink looks appropriate in a little girl's hair.  ;-)

Emma in her Armor
 
See Emma's pink hair??

Sandy and I were put together on the Craft Team and it was awesome!  Aunt Jamie was in town the week of VBS too, so she joined in on the Craft Team fun too!  Yes, I love crafts anyways... but imagine having to get all the kiddos through the craft in the already designated time.  No pressure at all! haha jk.  Still it was awesome and I enjoyed interacting with the kids as well as getting to spend more time with people from our church. 

Aunt Jamie with Emma!

Bruce kiddos & friend

Maggie did great the first two days in the VBS Nursery but on the third day decided to become a grump.  And I mean grump in that cute, 13 month old way.  That's what no morning nap does to you after 3 days.  :-)  So she went to Grandy's house for the last two days and rested up while Emma continued in the fun. 

1 comment:

  1. awww....love it!!! I finally am catching up on your awesome blog. Her pink hair was cute! :)

    ReplyDelete