meanderW

Saturday, September 8, 2012

22 Months

In two very short months, our firstborn will be 2.  How did this happen?  She has sprouted right before our very eyes and we are so proud of the little girl she is growing into.  Here's some things I want to make sure I never forget about you at this age...

1.  The way you love your baby sister is awesome. There is not a bone in your body that wants to bring her harm.  You willingly give up your precious 'loveys' just to see a smile on Maggie's face.  You are also very patient with Mommy when she has to tend to a higher priority need of Maggie's over playing with you.   Thank you for that grace.  I have, jokingly, asked you to watch Maggie for Mommy and you glady reply "ok".


2.  You're vocabulary is shocking.  You're putting together sentences we didn't even know you could make.  And you're always up for pronouncing the hard words.  Although you pronounce things pretty well, you still have your code words for a few things;
yago = water
waggie = maggie
ami = nibby (the word we use for pacifier)
bearami = both your bear and your nibby

3.  You love the outdoors.  I feel like it recharges your batteries just to be outside.  The heat and the West Nile scare has put a hamper on this, but soon the weather will cooperate and you'll be running around again.

4. You love crafts.  Anything that lets you express your artistic side.  You're not afraid to get your hands dirty (or colorful) and can sit at the table working on something for a long time. 



5.  You are definitely a creature of habit.  I'm sure lots of kids are like this at your age, but I've just noticed you find comfort in the regular things.  If something is new, it is unsettling. 

6.  You love pointing out flags, tractors, car colors and, especially, school buses from our drives around town.  The short school buses are called 'Baby Buses' and the big ones are called 'Mommy buses'. 

7.  You are already showing promise of being an Apple customer for life.  You easily maneuver through my photos on my phone. And the one time I let you play with an app on the iPad, you were coasting thru it after 15 minutes of me helping you learn what to push etc.  (Hoping that app helps us contain you for an upcoming airplane ride.)

8.  You are Mommy's little helper... gladly assisting in many of the daily chores.  Such things are laundry, throwing away diapers, helping to pick up your toys, feeding the dogs...  You even attempt to sweep after you've seen mommy do it.  I know one day you'll dislike chores, so here's proof that you did enjoy doing those things before. :-)

9.  Lastly, my heart jumps as we start to talk about Jesus with you.  I'm sure its just from repitition... but you do know that Jesus loves you (even more than Mommy and Daddy) and that when we pray we are talking to Jesus.  Of all the things your little mind can soak up, we pray this is what soaks in the most. 





No comments:

Post a Comment