Speaking more of Emma... she has really become a toddler this past month. She is just growing up before our eyes and we just wish we could slow it down. Currently here's some of her latest skills;
saying all kinds of words, even putting two of them together sometimes
walking and I'd go as far to say she's running (as fast as those little legs will go)
walking backwards (she's too young for that right?)
feeding herself with a spoon and sometimes offering Daddy some (Billy never says no) :-)
grabbing our hands and taking us with her when she really wants to do something
graduated to a convertible car seat
can go get her shoes/water or pacifier when I ask her to (sometimes I don't even know where they are!)
she's enjoying 'fort' type creations that can be made from blankets or boxes
she dances... but she's always danced :-)
| Every toddler needs to know how to use an Ipad right? My 11 yr old nephew, Jake, showing her how. |
| I think I'm going to like facing this direction!! |
| Dancing with a new friend at Mainly Music |
| In her makeshift fort. |
We can hardly believe this time last year she was barely sitting up. It's one of those joyfully sad events that take place as you see your baby growing up. But it is amazing how much she can comprehend at this early age. She still is mesmorized with dogs and will basically kick anything round on the ground. Her love for books is weaved deep within her soul. She loves walks outside and going to the park to look at rocks and to see the water. She can point out an airplane in the air before I even hear it sometimes. She just seems to have this overall fascination with whats going on around her, no matter where we are... and its a huge comfort to know most of the time she is a content little girl.
| Cute pic. |
We also found out recently that Emma is going to have a little sister!! I just grin and think of all the adventures, sweet times and disagreements they will have together. I love my sisters to no end... but in our earlier years.... we were probably the best of friends and the worst of enemies at the same time! June Bug (her nickname since she is due in June) is looking right on track and healthy with lots of normal stats. Billy and I have already been saying how we'll be talking about 'the girls' this time next year. So fun.
![]() |
| Hi little June Bug. |
| Emma wanted to buy her 'Little Sister' this. |

Love all the details. Feels like I haven't seen Emma (or you & Billy - ha!) in forever. She's got way more hair going on than I remember last. :) Oh yes, you'll be saying "the girls" all the time, just like us! My bro & SIL found out they're having a girl, too. Love the pic of her in her new car seat! Miss you, friend.
ReplyDeleteAhh! She is getting so big. And congrats on another little angel girl! That is so exciting. We miss you guys a lot and are so overjoyed for your family. Love love.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Kelli told me you were pregnant (You may have said it on your blog and my two-kid brain just missed it somehow!!). So fun.
ReplyDeleteEmma is just a little peanut, love her petite cuteness too much!!!!