Warning: No Picture Post
Prior to the arrival of our sweet first born, Billy and I had a pretty regular date night every week. Wednesday nights were our nights just to connect, be together and put everything else aside for a whole evening. It really was a great break in the middle of our weeks. Well, as you can imagine, things definitely changed after lil Emma arrived, with good reason of course.
But after just about a year of hiatus, Date Night is BACK! Now December is the first month we've implemented our new priority, and we don't plan to do it every week. But 2-3 times a month if we can. Since our second child is on its way, we figured we better do this while we have a calm 1 year old, that goes thru her bedtime routine like clockwork and goes to bed great for others. We've done our homework... found amazing babysitters... and have planned well ahead to reserve our dates. Yes, we have tons of family that lives close, but we wanted to find a babysitter who comes highly recommended and has a great caring heart for the little ones. Thankfully, our church has tons of these to choose from.
We've had two official Date Nights as of this posting so I'll just give you a little details into that... We went to The Christmas Carol at Pocket Sandwich Theatre. This is a great place that we've frequented many times. My favorite salad is at a restaurant across the street from it too, Cafe Express. It was a great evening, with only three text messages back/forth with the sitter. She graciously let me know when Emma was asleep. Can you hear the sigh of relief!?! Such a nice feeling to know your little one is warm in her bed, sleeping soundly while you are enjoying some time with your beloved.
Second date night was the classic dinner and a movie. But a very nice relaxing time that I am grateful for.
I know this is a trivial event in our lives, but I am really glad we're getting back to it. I love that little girl big time, but even more... I want her to know how close her parents are to each other.
You've got one of the BEST sitters in the universe!
ReplyDeleteWe want to be more intentional about this in the new year, too, although right now we are just aiming for once a month. I saw the idea online for something like The Twelve Dates of Christmas, which I gave Adam as a Christmas gift - a date idea for each month of 2012 - ice skating, game night, racquetball, a movie, etc. Can't wait!
ReplyDeleteYou summed it up well in your last sentence - important for the kids to see their parents close to each other too. Enjoy your date nights!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Stacey. It's not trivial - its vital!
ReplyDeleteDate night is back..yes! You guys are such a great example to married couples all around. Um, love you guys a ton.
ReplyDelete