meanderW

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Landon's 1st year

We barely blinked our eyes and Landon is already one.  This year has been one of our busiest and thankfully we feel like we got through one of our hardest ones with a baby.  All during Landon's first year we experienced a new job, new baby, buying/renovating a home, selling a home and moving.  In true third child fashion, Landon rolled through all of it with ease.  I'm glad he finds his comfort in who he's with instead of where he is.  After we got him sleeping through the night, Landon has been a very easy baby.  And he is so much different than his sisters.  He is much more physical.  He hits and pinches like I never knew a baby could.  He throws things across the room already.  He beats on things like another drummer I know.  He also seems to eat way more than the girls did.  And he is also showing signs of being a climber.  Ah! What do I do with that???  He doesn't like to cuddle.  But does still do sweet things.  And you will occasionally fall asleep on Daddy.  (lucky duck!)

Landon is happy and always looking for a laugh.  He can entertain himself except when he wants to go hide in our play tent and then he needs someone to look for him.  I always know he's sick when he starts to not sleep well.  He won't have any other symptoms and I'll take him in and he'll have a double ear infection. 

He is cruising along furniture easily now and keeps attempting a step or two.  Selfishly I'm hoping he waits longer to walk.  I just don't like the goose eggs that come with unsteady toddlers.  He still naps twice a day but we are thinking next month we're going to try and make it only one so it works with the school schedule better.  He is wearing 18month clothes and size 4 diapers.  You have 6 teeth, (4 top and 2 bottom) but gums look like they are about to burst forth with teeth.  You interact with other people in a sweet way. Even going towards your nurses to get hugs from them. 

A few of the words we've heard him say: mama, dada, brr (for bird), caa (for car), elmo and nana (for banana).  Some of Landon's nicknames: Land-DON, Bubba, Schmookie Bop (Maggie gave him this one) and Bubs.

Head Circumference:  18.5"  (76%) - tied Maggie in this measure, Emma's was smaller
Weight: 21.5lb (53%) - beat the girls by over 4lbs! 
Height: 29.25" (27%) - beat the girls by at least .25"

We've have had fun with Landon this past year and its neat to compare how he is different from his sisters.  I know all kids are different despite gender, but you have been very different. Happy birthday Bubba. Love you little one.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment