My Aunt and Uncle live in California and the last time they came to Texas was almost 8 years ago. So when I heard they were coming, I told my Dad to totally expect me to interrupt his time with his sister and brother-in-law! I love my Aunt Mary Kaye... she's like a more talkative version of my Dad and is always willing to share family knowledge! I just love it when she says 'You get that from the Gunthorp's' or 'that came from Mom's side (meaning my Grandma's family)'. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that Billy could come with us, but we got to spend 4 fun-filled days with my Dad, Patty, Aunt Mary Kaye, Uncle Ray and Jamie too!
I didn't realize we would have such a schedule when we first arrived! Dad and Pat had planned some fun outings for all of us! Things I've never even done in Austin!!
First full day there me and the girls had to run and check out the new Children's Museum in Austin, the
Thinkery! We went to the old museum right before it closed down and I loved how much more spread out the Thinkery was... we will definitely be going back here!
 |
Got to spend just a tiny bit of time with these hot ladies!
Love our Ericka & Finley! |
 |
| Lite-Brite exhibit was awesome! |
Then the next day we did a little sight seeing around ATX on the
Duck Tour! It was awesome! Maggie was a little hesitant about it for the first half but she got into it at the end. Emma sat with Uncle Ray and loved it! These two quickly became buds and it was fun to see them come up with nicknames for each other! (banana & tickle machine were the two favs)
 |
| Don't we look like a rowdy bunch!? :-) |
 |
| Yes Emma, this is 6th Street. |
The next day was Zilker and the Bats. We tried to ride the Zephyr but due to some rain, the tracks were needing some repairs. So we opted for the springs and playground. I haven't been to see the bats in probably 2 decades. They waited until it was almost too dark to see them but the girls had fun. In total Texas fashion, it was nice and humid on this day.
 |
| Aunt Jamie is always willing to go get her feet wet! |
 |
Fun on the swings. Love how happy Maggie is in this picture.
She stayed on that swing for over half an hour! |
 |
| Great pictures of Aunt MK, Jamie & Uncle Ray! |
 |
| Waiting for the bats! (with lots of other Austinites) |
We came back exhausted and with lots of laundry, but it was so worth it! I was glad to be able to soak up so much time with family and get to catch up on their lives and have the girls meet them. We hope we can take the girls out to California soon and return the visit! Another great Austin trip in the books!
No comments:
Post a Comment