meanderW

Monday, October 31, 2011

Sweet Girl

WARNING: NO PICTURES IN THIS POST, but plenty to come this week!

Well I know this is going to be a busy week for blog posts, but I thought I'd add this before it got overshadowed by Halloween/1st birthday posts.  Emma is doing so many new things lately.  Definitely gaining her independence and is aware of everything around her.  Many of the new things are stuff that Billy and I have been helping her with; learning the words for new things, walking between Daddy and Mommy.  But one of the most touching things we can't quite understand where she learned, but we love it. 

One day we went to go pick her up from nursery at church and there was an older little girl who was upset in the same room with Emma.  When we got there, the workers told us that Emma was trying to comfort the older girl by bringing her toys when she would cry.  Billy and I were mush pots on the way out to the car.  How could this only child already know about comforting and sharing with others when so much of her time is spent solo with Mommy?  I thought maybe it was just a one time thing, but I've seen her want to share many things with us since... toys, puffs, her stuffed animals, even her sacred nibby (our word of pacifier). 

Now don't get us wrong, we aren't naive that this is how it will always be... but still just makes us proud parents to see our little girl developing a sweetness all by herself.  We feel so blessed to be the parents of this little one.  Our cup runneth over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment