![]() |
| My Mom, me and my little sister after her bath. |
I also find myself wanting to teach/tell Emma many things that I remember my parents telling me; you can be whatever you want to be if you set your mind to it, put others before yourself, if you say you're going to do something you do it... and maybe one day I can tell her "you're the older sister, act like it" (I would be a millionaire if I had a $1 for everytime I heard that). I even remember my Dad telling me I could be the first Lady President if I put my mind to it. Interestingly, I think we'll see that happen in our lifetime but I don't have any hopes or aspiring dreams to be President anymore. But I would be campaign manager for the BILLY BRUCE FOR PRESIDENT Campaign! (pending for 2032)
![]() |
Dad with his 4 daughters... how did you do it Dad!?! |
I also remember talking to my Mom about having kids long before I was ever married and the thought of bearing a child was just about the worst, most scary thing in the world. And she would always say, "but look at what you have when its all over." It's true... I would've gone through fire to have little Emma. What an amazing blessing she is...
Thanks Mom and Dad for all the things you've done for me, especially the ones I don't even know about...
![]() |
With my parents the day before I married Billy. |



What an awesome tribute to your mom and dad! I've already told Anna and Haven that they won't be able to understand how much I love them until they have their own little ones.
ReplyDeleteWell geez...that just made me tear up! I can't wait to feel what parenthood feels like. You and BB sure do make it look easy. So proud to have such amazing parents as friends!
ReplyDeleteThis is really sweet! Is there anyway to get the blog emailed to me when you have a new entry? I love keeping up with it.
ReplyDelete